Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Pirates! Band of Misfits

With all due respect, I enjoy watching the films that are frequent features here. But come on, give me some slack. I can't watch critically acclaimed films, foreign films and the classics all the time, and not get an animated movie in there.

I opted for Peter Lord's The Pirates! Band of Misfits. It has everything many animated movies have, sure, but it's still fun to watch regardless. (A stark contrast to the many other films I usually see, which leave me either depressed and/or drained.)

As with the case of most other animated movies, I was drawn to this one because of some of the names doing voice work. Hey, I'm bound to like something if the supporting cast features Martin Freeman and David Tennant. (It's also a sign I need to cut down on British television, but moving on.)

There's always something just so pleasant about watching animated movies. They're just a really good way to forget your troubles temporarily. They're also not completely mind numbing like many of the "comedies" of today, so that's an added bonus.

I really liked The Pirates! Band of Misfits. It's silly at times, but that's easy to overlook. It's definitely a good movie for the whole family or just as something to watch alone when you need something to make you relax. Seriously, it's just a load of fun.

My Rating: ****

1 comment:

  1. My first reaction when I saw this on your site was "She watched that?" lol. I'm glad you liked it though, I agree, animated films are a good escape. (When they're not depressing like Up)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated. More so if they are appropriate.