Friday, February 18, 2011

Visions I Love: 20 Favorite Directors

Actors and actresses out of the way. Now onto directors. I swear, they make movies that some can only dream about making. Again, in alphabetical order, here are my favorite directors.

Wes Anderson
Darren Aronofsky
Tim Burton
Francis Ford Coppola
Clint Eastwood
David Fincher
Alfred Hitchcock
John Huston
Elia Kazan
Stanley Kramer
Stanley Kubrick
Spike Lee
Sidney Lumet
Terrence Malick
Christopher Nolan
Roman Polanski
Otto Preminger
Martin Scorsese
Steven Spielberg
Billy Wilder

HONORABLE MENTIONS

Joel and Ethan Coen
Michael Mann
Sam Mendes
Mike Nichols
Ridley Scott

2 comments:

  1. Interesting list.
    A lot of great names on here but I would recommend a few, such as Kurosawa, Tarkovsky, Fellini, Visconti, Ozu, Truffaut...

    Glad to see Sidney Lumet though, he's to often overlooked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not kidding when I say I have a crush on Polanski and Fincher.
    Good list- mine would have Woody Allen, Quentin Tarantino(the hugest crush on him), Sofia Coppola, Spike Jonze ( I see a love triangle here), Jason Reitman, Garry Marshall, Guillermo del Toro, Chris Columbus, Peter Jackson, Gus Van Sant, Francois Truffaut and Jean Luc Godard along with a many of the one's posted. And a few Bollywood directors as well

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated. More so if they are appropriate.