Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Say What? My 3 Favorite Lines

We all have them. Some have lists and lists of them. Other have a few choice ones. I fall in the latter.

"Well, nobody's perfect." ~ Some Like It Hot
What better way to end a funny movie than with a funny line? Billy Wilder always knew how to close a movie with a great line (see also Sunset Boulevard, The Apartment), but to me the part that had me doubled over from laughing so much is the look on Jack Lemmon's face after the line is uttered.

"I'd hate to take a bite out of you. You're a cookie full of arsenic." ~ Sweet Smell of Success
A cold line from a cold personality. With a movie chock full of quotable lines, it's safe to say that it was hard to choose just one. Again, it's the reaction to the line that makes the quote more memorable.

"Are you not entertained?" ~ Gladiator
Russell, darling, I get to see you get all sweaty, bloody and dirty. How can I not be entertained?

So what are some that you like?

3 comments:

  1. "You and your mom are hilbillies. This is a house of learned doctors. "

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Bringing Up Baby, which I happened to see again this last weekend at the AFI: "When a man is wrestling a leopard in the middle of a pond, he's in no position to run."

    Which is pretty good advice all the way around ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joining the Bringing Up Baby theme:

    "I was born on the side of a hill."

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated. More so if they are appropriate.