Monday, February 14, 2011

Lonely

Today, as we all know, is Valentine's Day, a time where couples celebrate their love through gifts and intimacy, a time for romance and feelings.

What a load of sentimental bullshit.

I say this because, come on. Love doesn't last forever. We all know that. What's the point of celebrating a holiday that honors relationships that won't last?

I think I'm just bitter from being alone. When I see people I know making out in the hallways at school, I feel a pang of jealousy. At my cousin's wedding last week, I realized how lonely I am as I watched the newlyweds dance.

What is it that I want in a man? Loving, someone to talk to (about movies, of course), humble, gentle and sweet are the personality traits I want him to have. For appearance, I want him to be tall, a little rugged, have dark hair and eyes, maybe wear glasses and have a warm smile. That's all I want.

I hoped to have someone in my life before college, but seeing as I'm graduating in June that seems really unlikely. I mean, a few guys have pursued me, but they were just joking around. Maybe I'll get lucky in college.

My life just feels so empty. I need someone to make it worthwhile.

*sniff*

3 comments:

  1. It is, and always will be, "just another day". The couples who go apeshit over it are the ones who can't seem to express themselves on the other 364 days of the year.

    My Valentine's Wish for you bright eyes, is that when that guy does come calling, that he's the sort that doesn't need the hype February 14th to prod him into telling you how he feels.

    (And speaking as a former one myself, high school guys are idiots).

    Buck Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to what Hatter says! It really IS just another day... I mean, I don't need no stinkin' greeting card day to express my love to someone, it should be all year long.

    I don't believe in fairy tale romance... relationship takes work and commitment, so those couples you think have it all really don't. And if it looks too good to be true, it usually is.

    You don't need any guy to make life worthwhile, girl... trust me. You are a witty, intelligent girl that any guy would be blessed to have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here was what I had to say last Valentine's Day. Maybe it will make you smile.

    http://tipsfromchip.blogspot.com/2011/02/humor-valentines-day.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated. More so if they are appropriate.