Friday, February 25, 2011

An Affair to Remember

The year of 1957 had some of the more prolific movie released. Some titles include The Bridge on the River Kwai, The Three Faces of Eve, A Face in the Crowd, Sweet Smell of Success (my personal favorite), Heaven Knows, Mr. Allison and An Affair to Remember.

In An Affair to Remember, Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr play Nickie Ferrante and Terry McKay, two people who meet on a cruise. Both are involved with other people, but they fall in love. They make a promise to meet six months later, but will they keep their promise?

An Affair to Remember is the typical chick flick, yes. But director Leo McCarey manages to make it appealing. He gives the story a little bit of oomph.

I've admitted several times before that I never get emotional from a movie (well, excluding the ending for Requiem for a Dream). The title song and the ending had me pretty choked up. Not a great deal, but enough.

My Rating: ****1/2

1 comment:

  1. I love that song, and this movie is one of those that gets to me. Of course, I'm a cry-baby, so take that as you will.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated. More so if they are appropriate.