Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Graduate

In my opinion, 1967 was a landmark year for movies. Just that year, you had Bonnie and Clyde, In Cold Blood, Cool Hand Luke, In the Heat of the Night, and, my personal favorite, The Graduate, which I shall be reviewing.

Benjamin Braddock (Dustin Hoffman) has recently graduated from college and is unsure what to do with his life. That is, until he's seduced by Mrs. Robinson (Anne Bancroft), the wife of his father's business partner. He succumbs to the temptation and takes part in a sordid affair. The affair is short-lived, but memories of it come back to haunt Benjamin when Mrs. Robinson's daughter Elaine (Katherine Ross) enters the picture.

If you noticed my reviews for other classic romantic comedies, you may have noticed that I usually praise the screenplay and the acting. I mean, today's romantic comedies tend to have god-awful screenplays and performances eligible for a Razzie. Anyway, The Graduate is definitely a movie worth checking out.

My Rating: *****

1 comment:

  1. Best Film Ever!! The story, the acting, the characters, the directing and of course, the music. Just Transplendent!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated. More so if they are appropriate.