Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Invisible Man

Horror movies have always been a blind spot for me. Even if I've seen the more prolific titles, there's always a few that I keep glossing over.

James Whale was a trusted name back in the day when it came to horror movies. After all, the man made Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein. He also made The Invisible Man, which is still effective nearly eighty years later.

Even after all this time, the special effects still work. I mean, this is a post-Avatar world so most special effects pale in comparison. But the ones in The Invisible Man just work. Seeing the half-exposed Invisible Man is shocking. (Boy, that sounded dirty, didn't it?)

The Invisible Man still packs a hell of a wallop even after all these years. Every scene builds up to a pitch perfect ending which uses those special effects wonderfully. If you've seen it, you'll agree with me.

My Rating: *****

3 comments:

  1. Avatar is the be all, end all of special effects?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, isn't this one awesome? I love this movie. I totally agree about the FX too, they're still so effective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a very old movie but still I watched it. Its the only classic movie that I find interesting. One of the best horror movie of that time.
    Watch The Invisible Man Movie

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated. More so if they are appropriate.