Friday, March 18, 2011

Sid and Nancy

It's starting to annoy me that Gary Oldman doesn't have at least one Oscar nomination to his name yet. He should have one by now. Sid and Nancy is one movie that should have gotten some buzz.

In Sid and Nancy, he plays Sex Pistols guitarist Sid Vicious. He meets Nancy Spugen (Chloe Webb) one day and falls in love with her, resulting into one of the most notorious love affairs of all time.

Although I do listen to music frequently, I have to admit I haven't heard any music by the Sex Pistols. That is, until I saw Sid and Nancy. I'm not a huge fan of punk rock, but I liked a few of the songs.

Oldman's performance as Vicious, like I said in the intro, should have gotten at least some awards recognition. But alas, it was not. I just hope that Oldman won't get a honorary award to make up for previous snubs. AMPAS, give the man a damn nomination already!

My Rating: ****1/2

2 comments:

  1. I love this film...John Lydon aka Johnny Rotten was apparently really annoyed with the film, but even he praised Oldman's work.
    SEX PISTOLS FTW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's dark, depressing, and overall disturbing but a lovely heart story that shows these two stars doing an amazing jobs in roles that need them to be effective in any way they can. Good Review!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated. More so if they are appropriate.