Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Film and Book Tally 2019

Man, this year has been one of varied ups and downs. On the one hand, my blog turned ten and I got to travel a bit (albeit staying on the east coast); on the other hand, I didn't have much mental energy to watch or read a lot of things, let alone write. That being said, I still managed to indulge in a few things this year. The (very short) list starts after the jump:


  1. Unsane (2018, dir. Steven Soderbergh)
  2. Mandy (2018, dir. Panos Cosmatos)
  3. Goodbye Charlie (1964, dir. Vincente Minnelli)
  4. The Hours and Times (1991, dir. Christopher Münch)
  5. The Old Dark House (1932, dir. James Whale)
  6. Late Night (2019, dir. Nisha Ganatra)
  7. Portrait of a Lady on Fire (2019, dir. Céline Sciamma)
  8. Marriage Story (2019, dir. Noah Baumbach)
  9. Parasite (2019, dir. Bong Joon-ho)
Now onto the books!
  1. The Thrilling Adventures of Lovelace and Babbage: The (Mostly) True Story of the First Computer by Sydney Padua
  2. At Last by Edward St. Aubyn
  3. Giraffes on Horseback Salad: Salvador Dali, the Marx Brothers, and the Strangest Movie Never Made by Josh Frank, Tim Heidecker, and Manuela Pertega
Anyway, resolutions. The standard "watch/read/write more", obviously. I'm also gonna try to cut down on my sugar intake (which is hard because I've got a really bad sweet tooth). Will I uphold those resolutions? Well, we'll find out in a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated. More so if they are appropriate.