Saturday, August 18, 2012

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

It's interesting. The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, the second entry of Peter Jackson's trilogy, doesn't get as much love as the two films it's bookend by. I don't know why.

I mean, it's just as good as the previous film, even better perhaps. (I'm probably in the minority on that.) However, you can feel that it's a middle film. No matter. Jackson keeps the action moving.

Like The Fellowship of the Ring, none of the actors are out of place. Naturally, I have to speak a little bit about Andy Serkis. For a motion-capture performance, it is really good. (Wonder if I'll see such a thing in December?)

As expected, the technical aspects of the film are just stunning. The cinematography? Gorgeous. The score? Gorgeous. The makeup for the various creatures? Wonderfully hideous. Like I said, it's just stunning.

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers is still awesome. Perhaps not as much as the first film, but no matter. Just watch it and enjoy the show. (I hope The Return of the King is just as good if not better.)

My Rating: *****

3 comments:

  1. I don't think you're in the minority. The LOTR films got better and better in my opinion. The 3rd blows the rest out of the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serkis is second unit director on the hobbit films, hope he is as a good a director as he is an actor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just couldn't love the 2nd or 3rd books/movies that much. I got attached to the Fellowship as a unit; it's more than the sum of its parts. It's more interesting to watch the people I care about interact with each other, rather than new characters that are introduced.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated. More so if they are appropriate.