Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Stunt Man

Why are movies about movies always so entertaining? Is it to see the antics that happen on the set? Or is it to see the pure chaos that goes into making a movie?

Steve Railsback may get all the attention as fugitive turned stunt man Cameron, but the show's all about Peter O'Toole. His Eli Cross is a scene stealer from the very beginning. After all, O'Toole did base his performance off the man who made him a star: David Lean.

One performance I also admire is that of Barbara Hershey. I like her later work in Hannah and Her Sisters and Black Swan, so I was bound to like her here. She's under the control of Eli, but she takes more of a liking to Cameron.

All in all, The Stunt Man is good fun. Even when O'Toole isn't on screen, the movie still has an electric feeling. Those who love movies about movies will get a kick out of this one.

My Rating: ****1/2

2 comments:

  1. Movies about movies are not entertaining (Trust me, I just watched What Just Happened) Movies about movie magic and movie myth are entertaining (if that's what entertains you).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Anna! Sounds like an interesting film. I have never heard of it. Speaking of movies about the movies, I just watched The Player, directed by Robert Altman. IT IS BRILLIANT!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated. More so if they are appropriate.