Monday, September 6, 2010

Underrated Movies

I'm sure you've come in contact with several. Basically those movies that were big upon their release but have faded away, got lost in the mix or simply just didn't do well despite the critics liking them.

I've seen (and reviewed) several of these underrated gems, most of which I can recommend to others (Moon, Wonder Boys). Sometimes it surprises me for why they don't do well, especially, like as I mentioned above, when critics love them.

So I ask you this: what are some underrated movies you recommend highly?

6 comments:

  1. LOVE talking about underrated movies. A few came to mind:

    The Truman Show
    Zodiac
    The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
    Road to Perdition

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me as a lover of the underrated as well...

    SUNSHINE
    28 WEEKS LATER
    BRICK
    THE GOOD THIEF
    and
    THE ICE STORM

    ReplyDelete
  3. American Psycho
    Master and Commander: The Far Side of the Sea
    Pitch Black
    Kung Fu Hustle

    ReplyDelete
  4. 36th Chamber of Shaolin
    Assault on Precinct 13 (1976)
    Frenzy
    The Game
    Kundun
    Seven Men from Now
    Slither
    White Dog

    I absolutely love these and I don't hear a lot of other peoples mentioning them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great idea for a post! I may have to steal this ( :

    underrated gems I can recommend for you (a teenage girl) ?

    You could try:
    Reality Bites
    Ghost World
    The Road Home
    Never cry wolf
    Clockwise
    Siblings
    Jeremy
    Uncle Buck
    Flash Gordon
    Oscar and Lucinda
    Green card
    Amazon Women on the Moon
    The Mosquito Coast
    Wendy and Lucy

    That should get you started ( : If you want more titles, feel free to visit my blog

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated. More so if they are appropriate.