Thursday, October 22, 2009

I have a confession.

Old movies depress me.

I have a reason. It's not usually the content of the movie (though The Grapes of Wrath had me thinking a lot) but more of the actors of the movie. Take for example Rebel Without a Cause. The three main actors (James Dean, Sal Mineo, Natalie Wood) all died at a young age. Dean died in a car crash at 24 in 1955, Mineo was stabbed at 37 in 1976, and Wood drowned at 43 in 1981.

My point is a movie made between the 1930's and the 1960's usually make me feel depressed, mainly because a majority of the cast is dead now. And you'll never see their talent ever again.

1 comment:

  1. I empathize here, I hate watching movies of classic directors, especially as I get to their final films, realizing there'll never be another and once I'm done I'm done... rather sad thought at times.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated. More so if they are appropriate.