- Side Effects (February 8) - It sounded a little interesting at first but it was a done deal once I saw that trailer. And considering this may or may not be Steven Soderbergh's final film before his supposed retirement, let's just hope he ends his career with a bang instead of a whimper.
- Star Trek Into Darkness (May 17) - Considering the last line of my Star Trek review was "Bring on the sequel!", this was almost a given. And also considering an actor I've taken a shine to within the last year is playing the villain, expect my excitement to build up as the days go by.
- Much Ado About Nothing (June 7) - Joss Whedon and Shakespeare seem like an odd mix but after seeing The Avengers and The Cabin in the Woods, I have good faith in this project.
- The World's End (October 25) - Yay, Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are doing another film! And since I saw Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz last year, I look forward to the finale of their "Three Flavours Cornetto" trilogy.
- The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (December 13) - If you knew how excited I got from that final shot of the first film, you'll know why this is on here. Hopefully Peter Jackson will deliver once again.
- Only Lovers Left Alive (TBA) - A Jim Jarmusch film with Tom Hiddleston and Tilda Swinton as vampires? Sounds good to me!
- Twelve Years A Slave (TBA) - Let's see...a director whose last two films were amazing, a cast that's both one for the ages and to die for, a plot that sounds truly fascinating...yep, I'm seeing this regardless of where it's playing.
- Lowlife (TBA) - Hey, James Gray has a new film! Starring Joaquin Phoenix and Marion Cotillard? Yep, watching this.
- August: Osage County (TBA) - Much like Twelve Years A Slave, I'm mostly drawn to that amazing roster of actors. I didn't see it when it was on Broadway, but my interest is still piqued.
- I'm So Excited (TBA) - Since seeing a number of his films last year, I look forward to what Pedro Almodovar has to offer with his next film.
And here are the films that just managed to catch my interest, but not entirely. (I still might see them anyway):
- The Places Beyond the Pines
- Don Juan's Addiction
- Labor Day
- The Wolf of Wall Street
Which films are you looking forward to?