Thursday, July 12, 2012

Brave

In my eyes, animated movies are solely for entertainment. That said, Pixar always tend to provide both entertainment and heartfelt moments. (Try finding one title of theirs that won't get you choked up.)

Pixar's newest entry Brave directed by Mark Andrews and Brenda Chapman does provide what its previous entries displayed, however not as effectively as WALL-E or Up. Still, it's a fun movie to watch regardless.

For an animated movie, the scenery is stunning. Every scene looks like a photograph. The eye for detail is just amazing. I don't know how long it took to make Brave, but the many contributions from the animators are very well done.

I think what makes most films from Pixar stand out so much is that they always capture a certain magic. Sure, some live-action films do that as well, but Pixar is the only studio that captures this particular magic. And I love it.

Brave in total is good but not great like Pixar's earlier titles. It's definitely something for the family but it's maybe not suitable for young children. It's good but it's more suitable for a DVD night.

My Rating: ****

3 comments:

  1. I'd disagree with the idea of animated films being solely for entertainment (if you haven't seen Waltz with Bashir, then check it out :) ) but agree with you mostly in your review - the scenery was absolutely beautiful! Lovely reivew, Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems that by now everyone but me seen it. Really can't wait and I'm never excited about animated films, though Pixar has made some groundbreaking features over the last few years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me, this was two movies. I loved the first film, but then it takes that turn (anyone who has seen it knows what I mean) and it becomes a really typical Disney flick. It is just gorgeous to look at though.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated. More so if they are appropriate.