Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Wreck-It Ralph

This year has been pretty good to the world of animation. Yeah, there have been a few misses earlier in the year, but titles like Brave, ParaNorman and Frankenweenie gave me hope.

Another is Rich Moore's Wreck-It Ralph. My definition of a great animated movie is one that can be enjoyed at any age. (This is precisely why movies from Disney and Pixar are often successful.) Is this the case with Wreck-It Ralph? Oh, you bet it is.

When my sister showed me the trailer a few months back, the one thing she commented on was how they managed to get famous video game characters into one movie. I have to admit I was curious about that myself, but it kind of went away once I remembered Disney's recent spending spree. (The probably bought a few rights beforehand.)

Onto the names involved. Sarah Silverman was entertaining without being annoying. Jane Lynch was awesome, but then again she usually is. Jack McBrayer was really funny as the complete happy-go-lucky guy. (He also convinced me that I need to watch 30 Rock.) But the star of Wreck-It Ralph is John C. Reilly. He has played likable schmoes enough times to make it understandable why he's perfect as Ralph.

Basically I loved Wreck-It Ralph. It's a really original and thoroughly entertaining concept. So if you're a video game fan or just want a fun movie to watch, Wreck-It Ralph is your go-to movie. You won't regret it. (Oh, one more thing. The short that plays before the movie, Paperman, is adorable.)

My Rating: *****

1 comment:

  1. I thought even from the trailer the premise is quite original. Glad to hear the whole movie lives up to it. I might check this one out in the theater after all.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated. More so if they are appropriate.